SEND NATALIE A BRIEF OVER VIEW OF YOUR BACKGROUND OR GIVE HER A RING
Role: Netball Coach for U16 County Squad
Training-Epsom College Matches
Home Ground – Esher College.
Timings: Thursdays 7.30-9.30pm
Match Days: Allocated Sundays across the Season from Sept to March. Saturday senior matches.
Purpose of Role:
Support players to fulfil their potential. Develop young players to senior level netball and
manage the team to perform at the U16 County League. Support players to elite level netball.
- Plan and deliver coaching sessions and activities.
- Coach and manage players into senior level netball and perform at County U16 League.
- Work with Team Manager to manage player availability and select players for squads.
- Keep a register of players attendance to training.
- Deal with player queries and issues.
- Decide what tournaments teams enter – league secretaries to provide details and do paperwork
- Provide feedback and give advice on players’ performance, physical and technical skills.
- Develop and discuss tactics and strategies for both individual and team play.
- Research good practice of innovative and successful coaching.
- Advise players on how to keep up a positive mental attitude and discipline, inspiring confidence and self-belief.
- Act as a role model, gaining the trust and respect of the people you work with.
- Open to learning and evolving coaching practises in line with modern approaches.
- Adhere to Downs Coaches Code of conduct
- Manage standards with Parent and Player Code of Conduct.
- UKCC Level 1 Coaching Qualification working towards level 2.
- Positive mindset and hungry to learn.
- Competitive on the court, kind off the court.
- Calm decision making under pressure.
- Ability to read the game.