The Downs’ Club expect the highest standard of conduct from everyone involved in the club. As a member you are playing for one of the top club teams in the country. Because of The Downs’ legacy and success we are scrutinised by other clubs and match officials. It is important that we all do our best to ensure our behaviour and actions are mindful of others and everyone at The Downs enjoys and loves their experience. With this understanding we will share the same values and standards which will ensure that all club members enjoy and love their experience at The club and we always represent ourselves on and off the court at our best.
As a Downs Player I will:
- Communicate, Communicate and Communicate. This means replying with an answer when one is requested from you whether it is a yes or no. All positions and helpers in the club are volunteers who give up their time to ensure that the club is run smoothly. This means when someone communicates with you. Please ensure you reply promptly.
- Communicate with your coach at least two weeks ahead, should you not be able to attend training or matches.
- At times when events have happened outside of your control please communicate with your coach as soon as possible.
- Keep my team Captain/Manager informed of my availability at all times.
Behave with good and honourable conduct
- Always conduct myself in an appropriate manner.
- Cooperate with my Coaches, team mates, Officials and Administrators.
- Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse of Officials, Coaches, spectators or other athletes, or deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent is not acceptable or permitted behaviour in netball.
- Never argue with an official before, during or after a game.
- Treat all athletes with respect, never bully or take unfair advantage of another athlete.
- Work equally hard for myself and my team, show my determination and passion to learn and do well.
- Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat.
- Stay after matches to attend teas either with the opposition or at home. When at home show willing to help set up teas and clear away afterwards.
Follow the rules to the best of my ability
- Be affiliated to EN and comply with all rules, regulations and requirements of the sport including any leagues and competitions in which I participate.
- Abide by any disciplinary sanctions that might be imposed on me
- Take responsibility to be organised and communicate as well as do your fitness programme and personal development work outside of training time, to include shooting practice for shooters.
- Sign up to volunteer at least 2 days in the year for helping with the junior section of the club.
- Help with club fundraising activities.
- Pay my annual club fees by the 30th September or incur an increase of £5. If you are unable to pay your subs in full then please contact the Treasurer for alternative arrangements. Please see contact sheet for details.
- Own your own kit – to include a dress and tracksuit (bottoms and top or hoodie)
- Attend all training dates and match fixtures as published on the fixture list.
- Represent yourself and Downs at their best. Never bully or scorn other players or anyone from the netball community online on any online media channel to include Twitter, Instagram, Facebook.
- Use the principle of photo no name. Name no photo when representing other club members online.
- Help to promote Downs by linking in @thedownsnetball
Set a good example
- As a Downs player you are a role model to each other but also to our youngsters. Set your own high standards and demand others around you meet those expectations.
<=BACK TO REGISTRATION PAGE